Saturday, August 29, 2009

Runner in the Dinning Room




I decided to make a runner for the dinning room. This is the back of the runner on the buffet. I used Kona cotton and in coal. I really liked using the black thread and dark fabric. I used batiks for the front and left overs for the back. I also made triangles on the ends










Here is a close up of the quilting. It was my first attempt at feathers. I think the turned out OK. I overlapped in some places and it was hard to get them to go the same way around corners. However the effect was good and what should I expect for my first try?

Here is the correct side of it . I love it and think it is pretty! It is kind of like the stacked coins but on their sides ; )







2 comments:

  1. oh my~!!~ had to look at each photo large and what a wonderful runner~!!~ the batiks look fantastic with that charcoal and your quilting looks awesome~!~ and you know that i have a bias for anything even remotely resembling a coin quilt~!~

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Libby I think you are going to have to make some of the X blocks, which are just coin strips with a triangle on each side. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete