Thursday, March 17, 2011

Doll quilts in review

This quilt was my first submission for the doll quilt swap  I used inspiration from an old children's book my father had.  My Grandmother used to read to me from it.  The poem goes;
A little yellow monkey
In a banyan tree
One morning got the giggles,
Going tee-hee-hee

And then he went to snoozing
In the banyan tree
And dreamed that the fishes
In the bright blue sea were
Dancing on the breakers
Going  tee-hee- hee.

It resides with Dena.



This quilt I mad for a placemat swap but it was really more of a doll quilt. I really liked the back as you could see the tree through the material.   My partner liked this one block and I thought that I would incorporate it in the front of the quilt.  




This quilt I made in the last doll quilt swap.  
  I made this quilt a year ago and it is made from all silk.  I  loved it's texture and quilting..More later


3 comments:

  1. you are one talented lady~!!~

    that silk quilt catches my eye ~ yummy~!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I love that last dqs quilt. The one with the bird. What a lucky partner you had. tee heee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mary :) Could you please shoot me a reply email back? I'm hoping to catch you about the TATB; I did write via Flickr already. I want to take something off your shoulders. :) Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete